Your safety is our priority. Please find below everything you need to know about air travel in Greece, as well as the protection measures we have implemented so that you can enjoy a safe, worry-free travel experience.
Intensive Cleaning & Disinfection
Hand Sanitizing Stations
Placement of Protective Shields
Enhancement of Contactless Processes
Embarkation / Disembarkation through Pedestrian Walkways
Raising Passengers' Awareness on Protective Measures
Personal Protective Equipment to Airport Staff
Continuous and Thorough Training
Wearing a protective mask in the passenger terminal building at the airport is compulsory. Ιn case of non-conformity, an administrative fine of one hundred fifty (150) euros will be imposed.
The following entry measures and restrictions apply:
As of July 1st 2020 international flights are allowed into all airports in Greece. Passengers are subject to random tests upon arrival. All passengers arriving on international flights are obliged to have completed the Passenger Locator Form (PLF). For further information about the procedure and the form please click here.
All non-EU citizens are prohibited to enter the Hellenic Republic until July 15th 2020. The following are exempted from the restriction:
- Citizens from Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay.
- Family members of EU citizens.
- Citizens of Schengen member states and their family members.
- Passengers travelling for essential reasons, including health issues, business purposes, imperative family reasons, persons in need of international protection.
- Healthcare professionals and health researchers designated to support the Hellenic National Healthcare System.
- Third country citizens who are long—term residents or long term visa holders of an EU or Schengen member state.
- Third country government members, diplomats, staff of international organizations, military personnel and humanitarian aid workers in the exercise of their duties, students, highly specialized personnel, essential to the function of the State.
- Passengers in transit.
- Aircraft flight crew.
- Non-EU or Non Schengen citizens travelling for imperative family or business reasons provided that the relevant authorization has been obtained by the Hellenic Consulate.
Ban on flights to/from the United Kingdom is in force until July 14th 2020, while to/from Sweden and Turkey until July 15th 2020.
As the pandemic progresses, the directives in force may be amended. We strongly suggest you contact the respective airline and/or travel agency for the latest available updates.
Safety distances should be maintained to the extent possible. Relevant information is communicated through floor markings, announcements, monitors and posters. Stanchions have also been placed throughout the airport, supporting social distancing to the maximum extent feasible. Individual responsibility is also essential.
If you have COVID-19 compatible symptoms (fever and/or respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or cough), you should not present yourself at the airport for flight and seek for medical advice. If you develop these symptoms at the airport premises, you should contact the nearest member of airport staff who will be able to provide you with further information.
The schedules of public transport to/from the airport may have been affected. For confirmation of the timetable and for more information, you may contact directly the bus operator, by clicking here.
Wearing a mask in all public means of transportation is compulsory.
If you are not a passenger, you should avoid entering the passenger terminal building.
Several shops and restaurants at the airport are open. Their operating hours might have changed.
Further information for Greek Nationals/Citizens that are in emergency situations abroad may be found here.
COVID-19 advice for travellers by the National Public Health Organization is available here.
For flight and on-board related information, you may contact directly the respective airline. Contact details are available here.
For all other inquiries, you may reach us through our contact form, by clicking here.